Fondren Library Ambassador Application
Thank you for your interest in joining the Fondren Library Ambassador program! We are currently accepting 2020-21 academic year applications from students in Baker, Brown, and McMurtry Colleges.
Library Ambassadors are undergraduate students (one representative per college) who primarily promote library resources and services to the campus community and provide feedback and ideas to help make Fondren the very best it can be for the undergraduate community.
Ambassadors will foster communication, increase awareness of library services and resources throughout the university, and serve as a "voice" for their fellow students and the undergraduate community. A large majority of the work Ambassadors complete is asynchronous and student ambassadors may work 100% remotely during the pandemic.
Library Ambassadors are paid hourly for their time, and will on average work 4 hours per month (one hour per week) on library marketing, participating in library events and outreach, reading library newsletters and sharing that information with their college communities, and attending quarterly meetings with fellow Ambassadors and the Fondren Library Ambassador program coordinators.
Goals of the Program
- To market and promote library resources, services, workshops and events on campus.
- To educate students about what libraries can do for them and connect students with helpful people and services for their projects and research while at Rice.
- To obtain input from students in order to facilitate planning and optimize library services and spaces for students at Rice.
Duties and Responsibilities may also include
- Assist with the planning and implementation of library events (participation is always encouraged).
- Market and promote library resources, services, workshops and events on campus.
- Help staff tables during annual events such as the Academic Advising Information Fair.
- Serve as an advisory group to the UX Office by participating in occasional focus groups and usability testing sessions.
Ambassadors are expected to serve for at least one year, from the start of the Fall term to the end of the Spring term.